Monday, March 30, 2009

Another Fight. Again.

This morning, my rebellious subjects, the Montagues and Capulets, were at each other throats' again. I know not of how the quarrel started, and I wish not to know. No matter what happened, this affray is completely unaccepted, disturbing the peace of my beloved city, Verona, and causing unnecessary annoyance to our citizens. Although the Montagues and Capulets are both very loyal to Verona, and have demonstrated their patriotism, their feud disturbs the very foundation of this city, created by Verona's ancient citizens, of peaceful co-existence.

No matter what measures I take, the two families still do not stop their quarrels. Listen, my enemies of peace, three civil brawls, bred of an airy word, by thee, old Capulet and Montague, have thrice disturb'd the quiet of our streets. On all three times, I have threatened death, banishment, and other forms of amercement. Although, out of love for my citizens, I have yet to act on my word, the next time an affray occurs again, I will take serious measures against the two families.

No comments:

Post a Comment